Mixers for electronic music

lcrosby

Alright, I want to get a new mixer cause mine (a Yamaha MG12/4… actually very nice and in good condition, anyone interested? ;-)) only has 2 stereo channels. The problem is most mixers is that they tend to be geared more towards bands and groups than anything so they come with plenty of line/mic channels and only a few stereo channels, so you'd have to end up buying a large pricey mixer for just a small number of channels you'd actually use.

I don't want to pay for crap I don't even use, and that only takes up more space, so I was wondering if anyone knew of good inexpensive mixers to use with mostly electronic instruments (synths, drum machines, etc). I'm just looking for something with more than 3 stereo channels (I think around 6 would be ideal for future expansion) and only 1 or 2 mic/line XLR channels. I prefer no build-in FX (I worry about noise, plus I like to keep my options open =)). I'd be using the mixer for both gigging and recording.

I've found a couple models, but I don't know how good they are. One is the Rolls RM203X Stereo Line Mixer, and another is the Sound Craft Compact 10. Does anyone have any other suggestions or any experience and knowledge with these mixers? I know in general Sound Craft is pretty good right? Anyways I appreciate it.

Holy god

Wow, err... hmm that would definetly be a good choice if I were looking for stereo channels! =) Any other models say around... 8 channels? =) I'd perfer being able to find something less than $300 (damn IT job market!).

Back