Mixers..analog and digital

moroccog

I'm thinking of getting a mixer to run a midi keyboard and mic through to pc. I was looking at this one mixer, but it is not digital. What are the disadvatages or advantages of having a non digital mixer?

It just completely depends on what mixers you are talking about, what you want to do with them and what you want to interface them with. The fact of them being digital or analog is by itself almost irrelevant.

The mixer I am in fact talking about is the Behringer MX1604A 12 in 2 out mic/line mixer. Right now I have an M-Audio Duo USB that I just connect to the computer and record vocals over pre recorded instrumentals. I record using N-Track. I recently got into making beats so I am looking to purchase a midi keyboard to use along with Fruity Loops software I already have.

The question is, would the behringer mixer be compatible with my setup as a mixer for both the mic and midi. I find that mixing down using N-Track and all the plug ins does not really give me the sound I am looking for. Would getting a Behringer be a waste of money?

Back