mixer via usb OR usb interface?? update

mis_uszatek

Hi everyone,

After reading few posts here, I am sure someone will be able to help me!

I play electric guitar and would like to record some stuff using Ableton (tracks and with live effects).
I have got Behringer Xenyx 802 mixer connected via line in to my comp at the moment.
So when recording tracks - I record on the left channel and later on when overdubbing I listen to the pre-recorded tracks in the right channel, still recording only the left..

This way I have got 4 audio inputs going to my comp's line-in through the mixer. (TV and comp is as well connected to the mixer).
I like the mixer because of such an easy way of adjusting volumes and tones for guitar/keyboard, TV and comp sounds (sometimes I use all of them at the same time).

The thing I can't work out is how to use ASIO and live effects when I play guitar..
As well I'm aware I'm making a bit of feedback routing.. (from comp to mixer and back to comp).
Is it possible at all? I just don't know and it's so difficult for me to find a clear answer on internet! So here I am.

more questions:

1 .Can I connect the mixer to my comp via usb adapter (stereo RCA to USB)? Would it work any better?

2. What difference would there be compared to a designated usb interface (kind of Focusrite, Presonus, etc.)?

Thank you for your patience and understanding, if my questions are silly....

Mich

Attachments

• 2015-04-04 11.52.57.jpg
    2015-04-04 11.52.57.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 34
  • 2015-04-04 11.52.44.jpg
    2015-04-04 11.52.44.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 38
Back