mixer to md recorder

If i were you, i'd wait and invest money in a computer recording interface so you can hook up your mixer or mics to the computer. That way you'd stay digital all the way too. when you go from your mixer to the MD, to the computer, it would prolly pic up alot of noise. And on top of other things, alot of people dont like MD cause they used data compression and effect the music in someways. You would be better off just saving money for a interface, or multi-track recorder or somethin like that.

thanks for the reply red dog ,i wasnt gonna get the md recorder anyway i just wonderd if it was possibly as im new to recording and i just trying to get as much info as possible about recording .thanks again.

Yes it is possible, and I consider Minidisc to be a viable option for exactly what he wants to do, just get a quick and easy live recording off of the mixing board. That minidisc would work EXCELLENT for what you are trying to do. That is one of the new Hi-MD recorders, which can record UNCOMPRESSED, and now Sony has finally let you upload your own tracks that you have recorded at high speed, DIGITALLY. So you won't get any generation loss from going from the minidisc to the computer. They really have come a long way. I have one, and I love it.

That being said, a computer interface, would be a better solution in the long run. If you were talking about recording a gig, then the minidisc would probably be a better option, as opposed to bringing a computer along with you. But that's just me. If you are trying to record a demo or something like that, then either go with an interface, as Red Dog said, or get a SIAB (Studio in a Box), which lets you do it all in one box, and not have to deal with computer issues. If it were me, I would probably go with the computer set-up. But again, that's just me.

:D

costs

BigRay said:
maudio microtracker would be better. or nomad jukebox 3 or the tascam hdp2
MD is a dying animal.

ya but a memory card at 79 bucks, u get 3 hours, but expensive masters, eh

Back