Mixer to Cu-base

Vice1

I'm using a mackie 1202 and I can't seem to get the sound into my computer. It seems like no matter what set-up I use or how many times I read the manuals, the Cu-base monitors will not pick it up. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks

What type of soundcard are you using and how are you connecting to the mixer?

You have set multirecord to "active" (you will find this setting in one of the drop down menus along the top), push the "in" button at the top of the fader/channel you are mixing in on (this will show you if there is a signal getting in, not necessary for recording though).

Oh yeah, also there is a setting "inputs" in another drop down menu, make sure you have those turned on for as many inputs as your soundcard has.

Thanks for the help. I got the sound to go in. I'm not sure how,( actually pressing "active" in multirecord made it impossible to here anything) but now it works and I can see the sound going to cubase's mixer.

Now my problem is sound quality! I'm using a soundcard that came with my GATEWAY "profile". I know it's crappy but I can't afford a new one. Yet.

I'm sending the sound from my mackie 1202 into cubase. But then I can't get the sound back into my mixer so I can monitor with it. And the sound that comes through the PC is AWFULL! I don't think the problem is the sound card because CD's, MP3's ect... sound fine. One problem I'm sure of is,the fact that the microphone that is built into the computer picks up every sound in the room,like the tapping of my feet, me shifting in my chair, the mentronome, ect... , and adds it to the recording. A friend suggested I just open up the computer and cut the wires to the mic, but that would be a last resort. Thanks for the help!

Well Vice, this doesn't have to be a major upgrade for the sound card. For $25 - $45 you should be able to pick up an Creative/Ensonic PCI soundcard or a SB Live! Value. Either of these would be a step up from what your currently using.

But as to your current soundcard, it has a mic built-in? That's pretty cool, but probably part of the problem. Can you disable the built-in mic? You really should be recording signals in to the Line-In on your soundcard, not mic-in. Double click the Volume Icon at the bottom right of your screen, by the clock. See if you can disable mic there, you should be able to and just activate line-in.
If you don't see it there go to Options>properties>recording and put a check mark on it.

All I can think of for now.

Emeric

Back