Mixer Problem- Help Please....

BigLex

Recently I was sampling something from wax into my computer, and noticed it was only picking up the left channel.. after diagnosing the problem, I figured out that ALL of the right side inputs (both phono ins, both line ins) arent working. My uncle told me it may be the jacks, but I dont think all 4 input jacks would go at the same time... He also said it could be a transistor, which sounds more accurate. I unscrewed the back of the mixer to take a look at it, but looking at it didnt do anything for me.

Anyone ever have this problem? Is it worth trying to fix or get fixed, or should I should get a new mixer (its a 10 year old Gemini scratchmaster, no EQs, no cue fader..) I've been thinking about getting a UMX-7, looks nice and for $120 a good deal.

It sounds like its the mixers inputs are dead
Check:
The turntables chords on another system
The mixer input on another turntable
The mixer outputs
The computer inputs

if all of these things work correctly , i dont know what to tell you man..but it does sound like the mixeris old and has given up

I have that exact same problem with my record player.......I even replaced the cords, which worked for a couple of weeks, then I had the same problem again.

Back