Mixer for external effects

WykedPT

I dug my old Fostex 820 and a couple ADATS out of the closet today. Cleaned them up and they still work.:thumbs up: I was wondering how to connect another mixer (Behringer) to use the internal effects on the Fostex? I've done it before but can't remember how.(been about 20 yrs) Thanks in advance for any suggestions..

Yeah it's a crappy mixer ,but has an assortment of effects. Not going to use this setup for anything important. Just going to play with it.

The challenge is being able to get a 100% "wet" effects return out of the mixer. That's going to depend on the mixer having certain features, like submix groups (so you can unassign the channel with the input from the Fostex from the output of the Behringer). What Behringer mixer?

Then what you can do is connect a post-fader aux send from the Fostex to a channel on the Behringer, leave that channel unassigned to any bus or main output, turn the channel FX send up, the FX master up, the FX return up and send it back out the main or 1-2 output to the Fostex.

Back