Mixdown to Wave files

RAO

Ok I've successfully recorded a song on Cakewalk Pro audio 9
I mixed it down to one stereo track which appears as a new track in the same song then I downloaded to a wave file (real audio) and I listened to it.......my question is this, are the levels that are set prior to mixdown the levels that get sent to the new stereo mix ? when I send that mix to the wave file do I lower the other tracks since they are not really needed ? One more thing If I plug into my line in on my sound card I can only select left channel or stereo to record if I use the right channel nothing comes out ????

Hi RAO,

Yes, the previous levels are the ones used in mixdown as long as you select the mixdown options in the dialog box.

You should mute any tracks that you don't want to have exported.

And I'm not sure about the sound card problem. Could be a problem with the card itself or the drivers.

Best,
Scott

--
Scott R. Garrigus - Author of the Cakewalk Power! and Sound Forge Power! books, and Publisher of the DigiFreq music technology newsletter. Learn about cool tips and techniques for your music software by getting a FREE subscription to DigiFreq... surf to:
http://www.garrigus.com/

Thanks for the reply I'm really Moving, I actually burned the wave file to a cd and it worked !!!! I'm so excited. He is the situation though, I get these dropout messages sometimes and I have to close the program and go back in to get it to work, I'm concerned that I will put a lot of effort and somehow loose my recording before I can export to a wave file !@#$%^&* that would be terrible Please advise

A couple of suggestions, "Archive" the Tracks that you don't need rather than "Mute". It uses less processor power that way and you'll get less dropouts. BTW, you shouldn't need to exit the program when you get a dropout, just click the play button again and playback should recommence.

Also, upon mixdown, in addition the volume levels being set by the levels of the individual tracks, the Master Output level will establish the overall volume. In other words, the track levels will mostly determine the "balance" among the tracks, whereas the Master Output level will determine the loudness of the entire mix.

Back