Mixcraft 5

Guitar Hack

After many years trying to find something that would work for me and after having been nearly fitted with a straight jacket, I have found recording software that is actually easy to use. That is Mixcraft 5.

I have tried Audacity but unfortunately I don't have a degree in sound recording. I have tried Magix Audio Studio but unfortunately I don't have a degree in sound recording. I purchased Sonoma Wireworks Riffworks which was supposed to be easy and intuitive but unfortunately I don't have a degree in sound recording and they don't have squat for documentation.

So I bought Mixcraft 5. I noticed they have a large bank of tutorials that show you how to use it. If only Riffworks had had that. Audacity and Magix are beyond hope.

Anyway I have purchased and now use Mixcraft 5 and am highly impressed with the ease of use and it actually is intuitive. And if I have a question it is easy to find out. Unlike the prior sound software.

I highly recommend this program for the beginner as it is the least expensive of all the previously mentioned software except Audacity and appears to have the most capability with dozens of loops you can use.

Quality is excellent. Hasn't crashed one time, sorry Audacity but you crashed fairly frequently.

I am now using Mixcraft 5, a Tascam US-144 MKII computer interface and an AKG Perception Mic and the quality of music is quite good. The quality of the sound engineering is improving with each attempt.

Ditto that!

I've been attending some the recording workshops being held at Guitar Center and really like Garage Band. This is pretty much it but, for the PC.

I downloaded the 14 day trial version and within two hours, I had put together a song using a combination of MIDI tracks (both recorded and downloaded) and a couple of live tracks playing guitar and singing. I was hooked. Bought the box version less than a week later.

As I understand it, the 14 day trial is fully functional and that after the trial period, the mixdown and CD burning functions stop working until you buy a license........for $75.

The support on their website/forum is VERY good and the instructional videos on their website/YouTube are very helpful as well.

After many years trying to find something that would work for me and after having been nearly fitted with a straight jacket, I have found recording software that is actually easy to use. That is Mixcraft 5.

I have tried Audacity but unfortunately I don't have a degree in sound recording. I have tried Magix Audio Studio but unfortunately I don't have a degree in sound recording. I purchased Sonoma Wireworks Riffworks which was supposed to be easy and intuitive but unfortunately I don't have a degree in sound recording and they don't have squat for documentation.

So I bought Mixcraft 5. I noticed they have a large bank of tutorials that show you how to use it. If only Riffworks had had that. Audacity and Magix are beyond hope.

Anyway I have purchased and now use Mixcraft 5 and am highly impressed with the ease of use and it actually is intuitive. And if I have a question it is easy to find out. Unlike the prior sound software.

I highly recommend this program for the beginner as it is the least expensive of all the previously mentioned software except Audacity and appears to have the most capability with dozens of loops you can use.

Quality is excellent. Hasn't crashed one time, sorry Audacity but you crashed fairly frequently.

I am now using Mixcraft 5, a Tascam US-144 MKII computer interface and an AKG Perception Mic and the quality of music is quite good. The quality of the sound engineering is improving with each attempt.

This is about where I am at. When I decided I wanted to go with a computer DAW set-up, I bought some DVD's on diffrent DAW's. I looked at Pro Tools, Cubase, Sonar, Logic, and Garage Band. I thought about blowing my head off until I got to the last Garage Band DVD because I just want to record my f*ckin' dumb guitar riffs over a dumb drum beat and not spend years pulling my hair out and going bald trying to learn a professional oriented DAW. It was seriously a real mind trip learning my way through a signal chain to get to the point where I am at now to have a very basic understanding. The other pro oriented DAW's are good, but it's like buying a couple of hundred dollar bike versus a couple thousand dollar racing road bike just to get some exercise around the neighborhood.

Back