Mix suggestions please

r4m

Got another one for mix suggestions.
Thanks again.

Bill

This is the edited mix using the suggestions mentioned in the thread.
Thanks guys!!

Last edited:
I like your mixes Bill, really good... very balanced and smooth.

I think both the vocal and the lead guitar blend a bit too much with the overall sound and would like them to cut through a bit more. Again I'm getting some essing on the vocal.

Thanks Tobe!
I actually backed off the mids on the solo because it seemed to be a bit too much and fuzzy. But maybe I pulled it back too much.
I'll do some work on the vox on this one as well.

The mix sounds good R4M...sounds like Steve/pleasuredome on lead vox.

The thing I like the most about the mix is that its not harsh sounding...lots of bottom end...most of the instruments can be easily heard and have seperation yet blend well which is what makes a good mix...seperation of all tracks yet being able to blend them well after seperation with reverb,delays ect.

Good job

Good song.
There's something phasey about the background, can't tell if it's the guitars or a Leslie organ? The voice doesn't stand out in the mix. It's still pretty good though, I think some minor tweaking should finalise it.

Yeah definitely more vox and more solo. There is something in there thats phasey, but I think it works for the song. It's loud and in your face but not too intense. Good separation. Nice work.

This sounds very good. I definitely agree that the solo should come up a bit, maybe just 1.0dB or so. Vocals are close and probably more a matter of taste, but if it were me I'd go up 0.5 or so.

Nice work, everything gels really well.

Best Regards,

Dave DeWhitt
http://www.soundclick.com/davedewhitt

Thanks for all the input everyone!
Vox coming up and solo also.
The phasey thing is probably the clavs. I wasn't sure if they worked in the mix? I may not use them at all or cut the delay repeats into the verse. Got some strings and B3 in there also.

D_Vincent
Yea that is Steve!! Small world ehhhh?!!
Are you (Vincent) from MC?

I did a new mix using your suggestions.

Thanks everyone!

OOPS forgot the essing!! I'll be back......

that ones outta the 70's, its good <well balanced> but not nearly as exciting as this one.

so you gut a cd? and words, i need the words...

never surrender dude!

Back