Mix in progress...

The guitars are too tame during the verses, to my ears. Like they need more gain to retain some amount of energy. It's like they're plucking softly and losing the movement and energy, it also could just be how it's being performed, too tame. You're already keeping it bare by dropping the drums there, the guitars can be more aggressive and have some gain without jeopardizing what I think you're aiming for.

Vocals are quite quiet in the verses. I'd introduce a new type of guitar/amp/cab combo in the chorus to give more contrast and bang the chorus in a little more obviously. Right now, only the drums get introduce in full but the rest of the instruments remain the same, lessening the potential impact of the moment the chorus arrives. I could be wrong there, but it sounds like the electric guitars performing in the verse are the same as the chorus guitars, just softer?

Arrangement choices could improve the mix, in my opinion.

I thought the song was well put together compositionally.

Vocal tone is very nice. Need to watch the pitch though. Lot's of pitchiness. Maybe back off the delay/reverb on it just a bit - particularly the delay. It makes them a little harder to make out.

I'd boost the level of the backing vox in the chorus.

I agree the guitars in the verses were a little tame. I think that would be OK if the guitars hit harder in the chorus. As it is, there is nothing in the chorus that smacks the listener in the face.

The bass has a bit of a sterile tone. It could use some more low-mid energy - like in the 400h-800hz octave. Bass and drums are locked in nicely.

I like the lead guitar sound. Good playing too.

I thought the straight guitars during the vocals was a refreshing change from the barrage of crunchy overdriven guitars It had a little bit of that "Jessie's Girl" vibe to it, simple and clean. I like it.

About the only thing that I thought needed adjustment was that the kick might be a touch too strong. It's got a good sound, but it seems to be hotter than the bass. Maybe up the vocals a dB or so, not much.

I like the sound of that bass :p I would begin by dropping all levels, except vocals, a few dB, then raise the Master a few. Then address the guitars issues mentioned earlier.

Hey guys, would appreciate any feedback on this mix so far !
Great Bass track - Alright Drums track - Funky Guitar Tracks - The opening guitar part is stunning though - just a gorgeous sound - Vocals - Ehh - not really driving things like they should - Pitch is an issue - and enunciation is an issue - in a distant sort of way it makes me think of 'Jessie’s Girl' - how weird is that.

Great Bass track - Alright Drums track - Funky Guitar Tracks - The opening guitar part is stunning though - just a gorgeous sound - Vocals - Ehh - not really driving things like they should - Pitch is an issue - and enunciation is an issue - in a distant sort of way it makes me think of 'Jessie’s Girl' - how weird is that.
Thanks for your thoughts here! "Jessie's Girl" was exactly the kinda vibe I was going for there...lol.....That Neil Giraldo
Kinda feel. Il take "Ehh" for the vocals :) I am no singer thats for sure and your spot on but I didnt want to autotune
and to keep it real for whatever it is....appreciate the feedback !

I thought the straight guitars during the vocals was a refreshing change from the barrage of crunchy overdriven guitars It had a little bit of that "Jessie's Girl" vibe to it, simple and clean. I like it.

About the only thing that I thought needed adjustment was that the kick might be a touch too strong. It's got a good sound, but it seems to be hotter than the bass. Maybe up the vocals a dB or so, not much.
Thanks man, Yeah I probably over did it a bit on the kick. appreciate it!

I thought the song was well put together compositionally.

Vocal tone is very nice. Need to watch the pitch though. Lot's of pitchiness. Maybe back off the delay/reverb on it just a bit - particularly the delay. It makes them a little harder to make out.

I'd boost the level of the backing vox in the chorus.

I agree the guitars in the verses were a little tame. I think that would be OK if the guitars hit harder in the chorus. As it is, there is nothing in the chorus that smacks the listener in the face.

The bass has a bit of a sterile tone. It could use some more low-mid energy - like in the 400h-800hz octave. Bass and drums are locked in nicely.

I like the lead guitar sound. Good playing too.

Thank You for the feedback, I will try your idea with the delay. I am no singer so pitch is tough for me :)

The guitars are too tame during the verses, to my ears. Like they need more gain to retain some amount of energy. It's like they're plucking softly and losing the movement and energy, it also could just be how it's being performed, too tame. You're already keeping it bare by dropping the drums there, the guitars can be more aggressive and have some gain without jeopardizing what I think you're aiming for.

Vocals are quite quiet in the verses. I'd introduce a new type of guitar/amp/cab combo in the chorus to give more contrast and bang the chorus in a little more obviously. Right now, only the drums get introduce in full but the rest of the instruments remain the same, lessening the potential impact of the moment the chorus arrives. I could be wrong there, but it sounds like the electric guitars performing in the verse are the same as the chorus guitars, just softer?

Arrangement choices could improve the mix, in my opinion.
Thank You, really appreciate the feedback! ill definitely take another look at the guitars ,

Not sure I'm hearing the same mix as everyone else but it sounds pretty damn good in this house. Definitely got that Jessie's Girl thing going on. Vocals & BVs are great. No issues here

I go on vacation, and all sorts of stuff's waiting when I get back. Nice.

Yeah, this one's good. I'd made the vocals as front and center in the verses as the solo guitar is in the break. It sounds like they're hiding. But they ought not to be.

Back