Mix help, please

Cjl25467

I hate this song at this point. That lead fuzz solo I cannot get to sit nicely without disappearing simultaneously. Just looking for some perspective on how the overall mix is translating to your listening setup. Also, did I crush it a bit too hard?

Thanks

Attachments

• ClassicRockThing2 -3 - Output - Stereo Out.mp3
    3.1 MB
Also, did I crush it a bit too hard?

Yes, and no (confusing isn't it!). What compressors are you using and where and how do you have them set?

The first thing I would do is (re)-balance the tracks, the levels are all over the place.

Don't hate it, it's not a bad tune...

Edit: Can you post the pre-'mastered' file?

Last edited:
I hate this song at this point. That lead fuzz solo I cannot get to sit nicely without disappearing simultaneously. Just looking for some perspective on how the overall mix is translating to your listening setup. Also, did I crush it a bit too hard?

Thanks

maybe you hate it because it's so insistent. Also you're right about the lead fuzz solo = that's key

But to answer your question: On my system, it sounds pretty good. Just soften the lead fuzz a bit (but just a taste). I'm listening on studio monitors and the Avantone.

Crushing it too hard? No, not unless the crushing is what's producing the high note prominence in the fuzz lead.

this is a dire situation, obviously. i'm pretty sure i've come up with the appropriate solution...

Nah, they're using 30-weight ball bearings already, that's part of the problem, they should be using 10-weight ball bearings then it wouldn't be so hot...

Last edited:
Back