Mix Feedback

Have to say I like it. The bass sounds good, if that is indeed a bass. Nice tone, mellow but muscular. It's probably too loud but it doesn't bother me. I prefer as much bass as you can get away with. Interesting composition and juxtaposition of sounds. My one suggestion would be to work on clarity with the vocals. I couldn't understand much of the lyrics at all. Good work.

Bass needs to come down ... overall mix seems muddy and dull to me. Not sure the David Ruffin/Temptations samples aren't a licensing issue but the song interesting

Seems like everything sits well together. I agree the low end is a little much. Cool mix of sounds, I really like that synth part at the break/bridge.

I like it, to me the bass sounds good but the effect on the main narrative vocal swamps it and makes it indistinct if it was cleaner and up in the mix it would cut better, the stab keys towards the end seem too loud, but good vibe.

The bass is quite a bit too loud. It could probably come down by 6dbs at least. It has a low frequency that is a bit out of control too - like maybe around 70hz-90hz.

Usually I don't like hard panned doubled vocals. But it worked well here. Tight doubling. The other vocal was good too. Vocal parts blended well together. Liked the aint' too proud to beg reference.

Other instruments sounded OK.

Something seems off about the bass. Right at the beginning, it sounds just a little bit flat relative to the key part. There were a couple other spots with tuning/intonation issues such as the high beeping that comes in at 1:56.

Also, that bass line is pretty tedious. The drums aren't much better.

Overall, the mix is probably fine. Bass is a tad loud, and some of the vocals are a bit quiet, but it's nothing that ruins it.

Hey guys,

Thanks for all this. So, it definitely seems like bass is the main issue here and I can't get away with it haha. I'll bring it down and work on the other issues mentioned here. Appreciate all the feedback! This was a song I just remixed for fun to get away from some other more personal mixes that I've been working on. Always nice to hear how things can and should be fixed though even if its a simple little song like this.

Thanks again.

Back