mix down options

cetla

hello i'm new to the world of recording. hve been peicing a studio together. I have a tascam 38-8 trk and tascam 1516 mixer. i was wondering what the best option for a mixdown deck.. i've been looking at a mini disk. i was wondering what your opinions were.

Thanks,
celta

Yo Cetla:

According to most of the talented commentators on this channel, you should consider mixing down to CD. You can get one, a good one, installed on your PC; or you can investigate the Alesis Masterlink box, which is what I'm doing at this time.

I don't believe current Minidisc boxes can give you CD quality at this moment in time.

I use the Yamaha MD-8 and it is quite an improvement over my Tascam 488. Don't have to wait for the tape to rewind. Zing! push a button and back to start in a split second.

CD mixdown would probably give you the best quality. But, ask around or shop around Dragon's cave for more information.

Green Hornet

thatnk's green hornet for you response, i realize that cd would be the best quality. my proble is that my puter and studio are in two different areas of the house.. i was hopeing not to have to move my computer. i guess i'll have to check out some other options.
Thank's
celta

There are standalone CD burners out there too. Might wanna check those out. They're much more expensive than PC burners, but not as expensive as a new computer. They start around $500 I think.

Back