Mix Advice

Wireneck

New member
Hey fellas, haven't been here in quite some time. I was hoping to get some mix advice on this track. It's mainly for demo purposes but I would like to get it sounding as good as I can. Any thoughts are much appreciated.

The download is located on this page
The Universe Divide - MixTest

Thanks in advance!
 

TyphoidHippo

1Trillion K Platinum User
Dude, I really like about 90% of that song. The other 10% just went over my head, I think... guess I didn't get it (or whatever, lol).

The mix itself sounds done to me (which to me means that nobody will find the mix/production quality itself distracting when listening to the music in context of mainstream recordings - it sounds "right"... if you will).

I really just wanted to say that I *really* enjoyed listening to that tune, because honestly there's not much I enjoy listening to anymore - so way to go :) I'm gonna play it again, now :p

edit: I listened again, much louder on my monitors, and I like the whole thing - guess it took two tries to appreciate some of the more complex parts, but this shit jams, dude, for real. Do you guys have anything with vocals?
 

PDP

There once was a note
Wild, very loud master, production is quite good. Playing reminds me of Mahavishnu Orchestra after about 3:00min. Not something I've heard in a while.

The drums get a bit mechanical in some spots, mostly the kick drum.

Pretty rippin material, excellent work!
 

TheChikenMaster

I'm Unbalanced
Clean mix. At the 1 minute mark by the light bass and clean guitars, there is a major build up of low end which can be tamed better. I like the track, its like Death Dream Theater.

I played the track on the bottom Phi Inverted oops...
 
Last edited:

Greykitkat36

New member
pretty good job, a bit harsh on the upper mids/Highs, could prob try and tame those a bit, and maybe pushed a bit too much with compression/limiting but I don't think it's as big of a problem with this genre.
 

rayc

retroreprobate
Sorry mate, I'm not going to download 50meg to listen to a song.
My download allowance & bandwidth won't cope.
I did listen to the streamer at the bottom which was really interesting.
Get a smaller file or streamer or something.
 
Top