Mister Mixer

Charapito

As an ex telecom engineer, retired in Tarapoto, Peru, I landed a job as an English Teacher at a school for Airline Stewardesses. One student is a singer so I went to one of her gigs. To her dismay, no one was dancing, so I sent her a text, "Cheryl, nadie esta bailando, baila conmigo." (nobody's dancing, dance with me.) She signaled an agreement, got off the stage and we got right into it. She's hot, I look like the Kentucky Colonel, we brought the house down and got the joint jumpin.' I've got music in my bones. View attachment 99675 Note the differences in the faces of the singer and the audience between photo 1 and 2. View attachment 99676

At her next gig, the drums drowned out her voice and I thought the band needed a mixer controlled from the audience. So I'm on my way back from a visit to the USA with a Behringer Air 18, with hopes I'll figure out how to use it. Cheryl will help, and there's lots of startup bands here with great talent. Everyone here speaks Spanish, but I'll intoduce myself as "Mister Mixer" with hopes of helping more bands. There's not yet a recording studio, so that's the long term dream.

I'll be coming back with questions as I get into it. It's nice to know you're all here. Comments, suggestions and advice greatly appreciated.

Saludos,
Charaptio

Last edited:
Back