Missing files on TASCAM DP-004

mikefrankemusic

Hi. Not really a newbie, but I'm getting back into recording after a time away, and I am indeed new to the TASCAM DP-004 digital recorder.

I recently thought I recorded an entire live show, and now it seems there's nothing on the card.

I was using line-in on two channels -- I checked, and it was correct, on "medium" settings. Input A toggle switch was set to "line." I did have the red "record" lights on. I did press record/play. The counter was moving, and I saw levels (albeit lower than I was happy with).

I did NOT create a song file first. Pretty sure I deleted all the song files just prior to recording. Might have reformatted, though I'm not sure what format. (suspect this is my issue).

Using a 1 GB card (I know, right?). Info shows a 512 MB partition.

Did not see a setting to specify recording format, sample rate, or bit depth. I was told that recording stopped after about 40 minutes (I was on stage).

I have since tested the unit by recording some test audio (I created a song file first). It works.

Help, please. How can I determine conclusively that my recording is, in fact, lost?

Thanks.
Mike

Back