Misfit

stratmonkee

Here is another song collab with bassist and I that are trying to get new band going....its called "Misfit"
Lots of my mel9 mellotron pedal in this, mix may be a bit dense.

I like this. Everything sounds good, especially the bass. There are a couple of spots where the drums are out of sync and sound as if they were punched in or are on a separate track with different volumes and EQ than the rest of the song. Those are at :47 and 1:35

Different parts remind me of other artists. From the beginning I thought of Alice Cooper, then the main vocal melody hinted at Pink Floyd.. then the first half of the lead guitar break hit me as the Eagles. Quite a stew :D:listeningmusic:

Cool instrumental side, good playing and good mix. Your vocals are in an entirely different space though...experiment with some different reverbs / touch of chorus/ delay maybe.

If I mixed this one, I'd pull the vocals way forward. And get a drummer. 8-)
^^^ I find often Paul says what I mean.

:D

Like the composition and performances, bud. Mix is as yet a bit undefined and could use better clarity. I'd also like this slightly uptempoed. It feels ever so slightly "draggy".

Hey strat. Listening on the laptop speakers so can't offer any insights on the mix but fwiw it sounds decent these 1/2 inch woofers or whatever is in here :D
I like the melody and composition and the grinding nature of the whole thing. It struck me that you could transpose the breakdown at 3.36 to earlier in the piece, and then come back in again with the drums, might make for a cool changeup.

A laptop listen here...cool song and theme. All the playing is great. Big fan of the guitar solo there. I like your choice for the ending. That sounds good. If I was to comment on the mix I'd say maybe the vocals are covered a tad to the extent that they don't play the lead role compared to the kit, for example, especially the crashes and that. The crashes dominate the vocals when the crashes hit. Seems at least two vocals double tracked hey? I'm only on a laptop so I could be way off.

Back