Minimizing headphone bleed/leakage

Before I fork out cash on another set of headphones, is there a way to reduce the leakage from my AKG K240 Monitor phones?

I record to the PC via a E-MU 0404 card, using Cakewalk Pro Audio. Hearing the back track at low level under the vocals sounds quite distracting, and pretty much limits processing the vocals ...

Can it be helped or do I need to take my wallet out again? :rolleyes:

Luc the Tinkerer said:
Before I fork out cash on another set of headphones, is there a way to reduce the leakage from my AKG K240 Monitor phones?
You bet there is.....

.....just turn down the fucking volume, you wanna make yourself deaf????? :eek: :eek:

Blue Bear Sound said:
You bet there is.....

.....just turn down the fucking volume, you wanna make yourself deaf????? :eek: :eek:

LOL :D Maybe my hearing's bad already: the music's that loud so I can hear the accompaniment and sing in tune!

Actually though - the 240s are excellent headphones, but not for tracking, because they're an open design -- which means they don't really close-out the room around you as closed-design cans do.

So while you should possibly be lowering your volume, you really should open your wallet and get yourself a pair of Audio-Technica ATH-M40fs cans. They're a closed-design which will definitely lower the room bleed considerably, and they're outstanding for tracking with in terms of sound quality and power-handling.

Blue Bear Sound said:
Actually though - the 240s are excellent headphones, but not for tracking, because they're an open design -- which means they don't really close-out the room around you as closed-design cans do.

So while you should possibly be lowering your volume, you really should open your wallet and get yourself a pair of Audio-Technica ATH-M40fs cans. They're a closed-design which will definitely lower the room bleed considerably, and they're outstanding for tracking with in terms of sound quality and power-handling.

I'll check 'em out! Thanks!

Back