minimizing file size (bundles)

Bullet Days

is there a way to make a file smaller? i've got one that's over a gig big, and there's not that much more tracks in it compared to my other projects. these are cakewalk sonar 3 prod. edition bundle files btw.

i remember one guy telling me that whenever you delete a track or delete a section of it, you actually increase its size because the program stores those deleted tracks/segments. if this is true, then a possible reason for my file's size is due to extensive editing. is there a way to permanently delete all those "hidden" garbage?

A couple of things you can try:

- Run the Clean Audio Disk command on the folder to get rid of unused takes, etc.

- Use the "Apply Trim" command on clips that you have slip edited. Sonar retains the date until you use the apply trim command.

I may be wrong, but I think Using the Apply Trimming command will also help to free up system resources, since Sonar can now ignore all those unused clips and bits.

dachay2tnr said:
- Use the "Apply Trim" command on clips that you have slip edited. Sonar retains the date until you use the apply trim command.

That was supposed to say "Sonar retains the data." I assume no one cares if it retains the date. :D

BTW what happened to the edit button???

Back