minimal R2R recording

lanterns

any one out there use a r2r machine to record their music? I've been reading for months soaking up the knowledge.

I need to know if anyone out there can share advice and experience.

lanterns said:
any one out there use a r2r machine to record their music? I've been reading for months soaking up the knowledge.

I need to know if anyone out there can share advice and experience.

My friend,

Most here record to open reel. There is TONS of info waiting to be discovered in past threads. Do a search first. If you still have specific questions then by all means ask again.

Welcome to the ANALOG ONLY forum! :)

Daniel

Last edited:
cjacek said:
My friend,

Most here record to open reel. There is TONS of info waiting to be discovered in past threads. Do a search first. If you still have specific questions then by all means ask again.

Welcome to the ANALOG ONLY forum! :)

Daniel
i'm not using any rack gear whatsoever. just instruments straight through a tascam 244 to the Akai M-8
if anyone has done anything similar, please share. i couldn't find anything similar. i'm a newbie but i've been a member for a while just browsing.

lanterns said:
i'm not using any rack gear whatsoever. just instruments straight through a tascam 244 to the Akai M-8
if anyone has done anything similar, please share. i couldn't find anything similar. i'm a newbie but i've been a member for a while just browsing.

I have the 244 too! COOL!! :)

Yeah, I see nothing wrong with your approach. You should be getting a nice tone from this setup. This kind of reminds me of the old days of recording to 2 track. You basically had a mixer with all the musicians being recorded in "real time" to a 2 track recorder.

The reason I asked you to do a search first is because your original question was very broad in nature and didn't specify what exactly you wanted to do. Now I know. ;)

Daniel

I know, totally vague. sorry. hehe. i can't wait to start in September. it'll be my first time behind the controls.

Back