Millennium Plugin-Suite (open-source)

Ove Karlsen

This is a DSP-project built from the ground up, and uses optimized and current DSP techniques, and currently has windows binaries.

Features:

Gaussian minimal-phase IIRs and TIIRs. (9th order, 5 parallel onepoles in code) (EQ, filtering, smoothing)
Optimized envelopes, for the most generalized behaviour, and minimal signature. (Dynamics processing)
Optimized signalflow, and event chain. (All plugins)
Optimal 3rd order softclip “analog”. (Plugins that use saturation)
Optimized dither. (For quantize and dither plugin).
Optimal 24dB analog synth filter. (For synth plugin)

Monetary support of this project, will also be implemented.

More about the plugins:

Limiter is the only plugin with a GUI yet.

Limiter: An advanced lookahead limiter, with selectable mode between 1 and 2 lookupbuffers, with filters in between. This gives a very nice lookahead-sound. Uses generalized envelopes, and also features a “through-env”, letting through a bit of peak, useful in a number of situations.

Plateau EQ is truly minimal phase, without uneccesary feedback-paths, and uses flat gaussian plateaus instead of bellshaped bands. A linear-phase version, without FFT is also available. Linear-phase version also has low latency, and completely adjustable phase, from minimal to linear to maximal phase, on each band.

Compressor models simple analog compression, for no surprises behaviour, but replaces envelopes with more general variants, and gives it digital features, such as gaussian filtering. Also features 11-band sidechain EQ.

Softclip is an optimal softclipper, that models “analog” clipping, that is both maximally transparent, and “warm”. (1 to 2 x third order distortion).

Quantize and dither has precise adjustments for good sound, and also an option to move the feedback-path filter for more optimal use of the first orders.

And various tools such as stereowidth-adjustment, denormal fix, volume, and other things, in the “tools” plugin.

Synths: I have also made a synth called Abdullah VSTi, with full audiorate * oversampling processing. Early version released. Features a model of an analog filter, that sounds both analog, while retaining digital perfectness.

Also Mkik VSTi that optimally models an electronic kickdrum, with a monophonic voice, and phase at peak amplitude, when triggered. Which gives the tightest timing, and avoids uneccesary artifacts due to other methods.

Plugin-betas can be downloaded on my blog (google Ove Karlsen Blog). If you have found a bug, please email it to my mail, stated on the about page.

All my open-source work is released under The Beneficient Open-Source Licence.

Peace Be With You.

I also did a loudness test :)

The best of DSP will ofcourse also perform the best when pushed.

Peace Be With You.

Last edited:
Back