millenna stt-1 or focusrite isa 430 or focusrite red 7 ?

Gabriel Sousa

hello,

i have a manley gold mic.
and i would like to know whats the best pre amp for that mic.

i wanna a transparente, clear, open and super big soud.

i have the 3D Pre CD Volume 1 , Preamps in Paradise-Preamp Summit DVD-ROM , 3D Mic CD and ADCD Converter CD . :)

i kown there are GORDON, BUZZ AUDIO, GML... but in CD i prefer the millennia or the focusrite.

but i dont know what to buy.... is RED 7 better than 430 ?

is millennia more open and big than focusrite ?

thanks a lot
messenger vladn@hotmail.com
ferreira@gabrielsousa.com

hey man...why do you spam all of the forums with the same question??

the same people on GS hang out at 3a..

FWIW, it is bad manners.

BigRay said:

FWIW, it is bad manners.

Posting on different sites is just covering your bases.

For instance, if he had just posted this thread on this site while you were banned, he wouldn't have been able to benefit from your year of wisdom and experience. :cool:

Have a nice day, Ray.

SORRY
SORRY to all the users, for having forced them to read my questions.
SORRY to spam.

:(

BigRay said:

FWIW, it is bad manners.

Here's the problem Gabriel.

You seem to be agonizing over which preamp to get for many weeks now. You've done a lot of good research, and the choices you are considering are all excellent units. But each one (like any piece of gear) will have their fans and detractors. Some will say "x" is the best value, other will say "y". In the end, you will really not know anything more about what YOU will like than when you started.

So it is an exercise in futility. Since you have said you really can't try them out for yourself, you should just buy one. If you don't actually have the others to compare it to, chances are you will be very happy with whatever one you pick.

I don't mean to belittle your problem, but there is really no other solution, other than useless procrastination. Your inability to choose is really a matter of trying to decide between one preamp that is 97% and another that is 98% of what you might consider "perfection". And if you are stuck right now using a preamp that is only 70% "perfection", just pick one you are considering and get back to work recording. You come out ahead no matter what!

Down the road, if you think you made the wrong choice, you can always sell it and buy something else. Good luck, and let us know how you like your new preamp.

Here is an idea: Buy the most expensive one on your list. Then if you don't like it, you can sell it; and even if you take a little loss on the sale you should have enough money to get the next one on your list, and so on. I have a feeling you won't be happy with something that you didn't pay a lot for, anyway.

You just better hope your bedroom is also capable of sounding "transparente, clear, open and super big soud" ........

Reggie said:
Here is an idea: Buy the most expensive one on your list. Then if you don't like it, you can sell it; and even if you take a little loss on the sale you should have enough money to get the next one on your list, and so on. I have a feeling you won't be happy with something that you didn't pay a lot for, anyway.

You just better hope your bedroom is also capable of sounding "transparente, clear, open and super big soud" ........

newsflash...he was the "replies" for some bullshit study...SPAM!

Yeah, I've seen his spam around. I just can't quite tell if he is a rich idiot, or just really foreign... :o

nope, i'm note rich.

the only high end pre i have is the avalon 737 and manley gold mic.

i'm from portugal, here the stores dont have high end gear to test.

i had to buy the avalon in germany, the manley gold mic in spain.

portugal sucks

thanks to all for helped me.

Reggie said:
Yeah, I've seen his spam around. I just can't quite tell if he is a rich idiot, or just really foreign... :o

nope, i'm note rich.
Hmmmm....
notice he didn't say whether or not he was an idiot....
:D
heehee that was mean, but I couldn't resist. I apologize. All in good fun.

hehehehe :D hehehehehe

not a idiot too.

just afraid to make the wrong choice

Reggie said:
Hmmmm....
notice he didn't say whether or not he was an idiot....
:D
heehee that was mean, but I couldn't resist. I apologize. All in good fun.

Back