Millenium Mesh Head - first ipressions and questions

Avitohol

I just bought a new Millenium Mesh Head from Thomann.de - full name Millenium Mesh Head / MPS-600 E-Drum Set
First impressions:
  • The rack is heavy, robust and stable.
  • Assembling is easy, but as there is no assembling instructions paper included in the pack and I didn't find it in the thomann.de, I had to write them an e-mail and they sent me one. It was referring an older construction of the rack that has some differences regarding the mounting of the kick drum. Nevertheless assembling it wasn't a big deal.
  • The sounds of the are not impressive, but I don't care as I'll use it for recording via the USB interface -> EZDrummer -> Cubase.

Questions:
So far I played using only the module on headphones for exercising. Haven't tried it via the EZDrummer. There are two strange things:
  • The sensors behave kind of strange especially the snare drum - while doing consecutive hits with the same strength sometimes I hear the snare, sometimes the rim and sometimes nothing. I guess a certain setting, or adjustment is needed, but I didn't find it in the doc.
  • The sound strength of the different drums is not balanced - snare is the strongest, the tom 3 ("floor" tom) is the weakest, the kick is somewhere in between. I guess this should be also settable somehow, but also didn't find it in the docs.

I would be glad if someone shares his experience with this drum kit.

Last edited:
Back