Mighty Mite strat neck=Sucks

I used an emory board that was a little worn. I taped the wood at first, but it kept me from getting the fret all the way sanded down.

I just tried to go in one direction, stroke-wise. Worked fine. The rosewood got some marks on it if you look closely. The FB edge is a little sharp, too. May "roll" it someday.

cephus said:
It's not the vendor's fault, I'm sure, but this thing feels like shit. It's really big around. It feels like the back of the neck has the C profile, but the sides make it feel more like a capital U.

have you thought about changing the profile? if the neck has the right fretboard radius and the frets are serviceable, what else could make it play better? sounds like it would be a good project neck to me. maybe it is a complete turd though. either way, you paid too much for it. :p

I think I paid too little for A neck.

I thought it'd be cool to whittle it down to a boatneck. I love that shape.

I have been using the guitar, though. It's at least as good as the ragged out one I took off.

cephus said:
I think I paid too little for A neck.

I think you're right about that. If you've ever played a Warmoth neck you definitely know you paid too little. I'm still wondering how good the MM neck would be with some work though. Some sanding, shaping, finishing, filing......probably way too much work.

Back