midiverb 4

Pbass75

i have one of these units...and i see in the manual it has a "tap tempo" like on my POD...where i can set the delay to the tempo i want by just touching a button a few times to the beat of the song...how do i do this on my midiverb...i cant seem to figure it out...also...id like a setting where i sing a word,and the delay repeats,say,only twice,or maybe 3 times,then stops...is this possible? thanks alot

YO 75 of PBass:

I have one of those tap a tap a doo buttons on my Lexicon MPX 100; I really dig the unit; however, I've tapped a little on that button and haven't noticed any funny stuff going on.

Just check the manual and push the button.

Kind of like a new PC -- a techie told me: "push all the buttons and commands EXCEPT, DELETE. Nothing too bad can happen if you experiment.

I've found after using my MD8 for several months, I can now understand the manual quite a bit better -- same may be true;

If not, contact Alesis on the net and ask.

The Green Hornet

hey cool...thanks man..i actually figured it out...it was that the tap tempo function is only available on some of the patches...but while youre here...heres one more question if ya dont mind...the delay programs can be edited in terms of time,obviously..but they break it down into three parameters..."100 ms" "10ms" and "1ms" can you,or anyone explain what these actually are? thanks again

Yo Bass-man 75:

I have listed on my program chart for the midiverb 3 these delays:

30ms, 100ms, 300ms, 490ms and 490ms Delay Regen.

When I put these on and listen to them, I notice the difference which is HOW LONG THE PING HOLDS BEFORE IT PONGS.

These are, I think, time measurements which shorten or extend the delay/bounce of the vocal or instrument.

You can do some pretty interesting stuff with these especially if you tweak them either on your recording unit or on the program/edit of your fx unit.

Try them all.

Green Hornet

Back