midi to audio - bet you've seen this one before!

Melody master

Actually, this is kinda a stupid question, because I doubt anyone that has an SW1000Xg, and DS2416 with cubase 5.0, will want to tell me all the stuff I need to know, because there is loads of things you need to check. But please in your hearts, I beg of you, does anyone know how I would record the midi to audio using both cards?
If there is a website you know of that gives complete instructions of how to do this, please could you tell me!
I'll tell you've what i've done so far: =D

In the vst inputs I have got Sw analog highlighted, with this highlighted there the sound comes through on input channel 17 (the channel where all inputs go to the DS2416 I think!)

Also I have Ds3/4 L 2 And R 2 marked, kinda guessing that it means that the DS2416 channels 3/4 are the second sterio tracks to record (ahh shit I think i've just realised that I shouldn't have them marked because its suppossed to be inputs Doh!)

in the master mixer 1 it shows no audio coming through to channels 3/4 but in the channel overview, it shows that there is input on input 17 so there is stuff coming through???

So when I press record, nothing records :(

Can anybody help ?? thank you

:p

thank matey

Thanks Nate, I looked there straight away, thankfully, there was a simalar thread, so hopefully there might be some help there.
Thanks again

Back