Midi timing in cubase 5

captshiznit

Hi,

Currently i'm doing some recording in cubase with a midi piano into USB into cubase (USB 3.0 slot using roland UM ONE USB to midi interface which is usb 2.0). I keep seeing consistantly stuff is off time ever so slightly (Sometimes?), I'm recording my friend as he plays the piano. Are these slight problems with timing just purely caused by his human error (It is a piece he is learning still its hard to tell and i worry about midi latency or something like that) or can midi have a slight delay which could cause timing problems to occur? ie from the moment he presses the note on the Roland piano to the moment it gets recorded into cubases midi instrument track. I'm using ivory as the VST instrument in cubase and just using the roland as a trigger.

Just making sure this isn't a hardware issue mainly, if its human error no worries

Our pc is good, core i7 8gb of ram etc etc just to put that out there. Our interface is a focusrite saffire 18i6 (Which I dont put midi through anyway cause I have a MIDI to usb cable)

Is there any way to test USB-midi cable latency?

I seem to remember a patch that you had to install to fix this problem. For the life of me, I can't remember the details, though.

Check out the official Cubase forums, dude.

Cheers :)

Back