MIDI sync question..

stealth_prod

I am not exactly a newb at MIDI but havent used it in quite a while. I have a Korg Triton Studio that has the ability to send 5 outs and am going to be investing a Tascam FW-1082 in the near future. My question is that I was hoping to be able to sync up the triton to the 1082 through MIDI but only as a time guide to keep everything right in the timeline. I will probably be using Cubase 4 LE for recording for a little while.

Am I right in hoping (and praying) that this is possible. All I would like to do record the outs in time with the rest of my project. Thank you in advance.

If you are using cubase... then cubase is your tempo management... or in this case sequencer... once you have established the tempo in cubase, then you just record additional tracks to the tempo you defined. If you are trying to sync cubase to the triton, the situation is still the same.. you need to define your tempo in cubase at the beggining of the track.

Demi

ok that was what I was thinking. I was just a little worried that if I have a 10 track sequence on the triton and am only able to record 4 individual tracks at a time, recording the rest can be done and time sync'd. Thanks for replying and easing the nerves.

Back