MIDI "switch box"?

ditnoj

Howdy!

Anybody ever seen like a MIDI "switch box" that you could use like a patch bay (like the deals you use to switch between two printers)?
My challenge is that I have a recorder that controls my keyboard when I'm recording but I also have a percussion controller I use when I'm sequencing (2 things going in)...I would like to be able to switch without repatching.

I figure if such a thing exists you guys over here would know about it!

Thanks

D out ITNOJ

Dman makes a bunch of mergers, splitters and patch bays. A midi merger would allow you to combine the 2 midi outputs.

Hey Lone Star State Smashed 'dilla (I've lived in Texas!)

Do you have a web site on "Dman"? Thanks!

Mr. Slackman: 1st deal is that I don't know if the OUT on the Pad controller also acts as a THROUGH ( I don't have the Manual, but I guess I can try it), The 2nd deal is that sometimes I need to go from the recorder to the keyboard ( which could go thru the pad controller if it works) but sometimes I would need to go from the keyboard to the recorder (automate the mix) or from the keyboard to the pad (trigger the pad's sounds from the keyboard's sequencer...hence repatching.

Also I figure if I have these configuration challenges with just the little bit of gear I have, in the future it could be more complicated (an outboard effects with MIDI controlled delay, another HDR, sound module, etcetera)...So I figured that with all the adapter/coupler/splicer/dicer RONCO type of technology there is today, somebody ought to have thought of the RONCO MIDI SWITCHER: You've seen similar items in stores for much, MUCH more...but here you're not gonna pay $599, you're not gonna pay $449, or $399, or even $299...but in just 3 EASY PAYMENTS of...:D

D out ITNOJ

Try to find a Roland A880 midi-patchbay (maybe on e-bay or such). I have two of them and will never part.

They are 8 midi-in and 8 midi-out and completely configurable what goes where with memories to store your patches and flick'em with a switch.

Peter.

OOOOOHHHHHhhhhhhhh the agony!

Even as I type this, the auction is ending on the aforementioned Roland A-880...in not $299, not $199, not even $150...but $114! $114 that I don't have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AAAAAAAaaaaaaarrrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhh.

Thank you, RedMaleWitch for the info. Now that I know what I'm looking for, I quickly found info on the Roland (Ohh, that hurts 'cause I went right to ebay upon reading your message and the auction had 30 minutes left!) and I also found the MIDIman stuff of which the 3X8 looks good for the price ($80) even though since I now have the time to WAIT I will probably lay on another Roland 'cause it looks like it will handle me a lot longer...

thanks again PrimarycoloredWizard, I knew you guys over here would help me out!

D out ITNOJ

Back