MIDI Question

scottmd06

I have one of those 15 pin serial to midi cables and I was wondering if there would be a way to send midi info from my PC's sound card across that cable to my Mac. Basically play the midi info from software on the PC and have it record on the Mac in Garageband...

Thats bitchin'. haha. Do the midi signals come from my sound card from the 15 pin and then go to the midi out? If thats the case I can take the midi out into the midi in on my midi interface for my Mac right?

Way back I went from a Yamaha QX1 sequencer to an Atari computer and I had to transfer a bunch of songs that way.

I had no way to lock up the clocks so I recorded everything at the slowest tempo (I think it was 30) and just hit the start buttons at the same time.

One of the great things about MIDI is the wide degree of compatibility - you can mix brands.

MIDI version 1.0 still works on Mac, PC, Atari, Commodore 64 etc... it has a bad rep because lots of crap has been done with it but it's actually pretty amazing.

I plugged my microkorg into the sound card and opened up sonar but Im not sure how to configure any of the midi. Im not hearing anything.

Back