midi problems and delay.

tomb

ok i have been using neuendo, but i can not get it to record midi at all. i have it set to use the delta 1010 24/96, but i get nothing. so my buddy brings over cuebase, i hook up the midi keybaord again, and behold works, im recording, but with one problem. there is a massive delay from when i hit the key compared to when the note is played. it sounds allright using a synth with long drawn out notes, but there is no way io could use it to record drums via midi keyboard. any suggestions would be great. thanks tom

tomb...
What kind of MIDI devices you are using ? Was it internal synth (soundfonts, software synth, etc) or external devices ? If it's internal (software based synth), then I bet you have latency problem. I don't use Nuendo, neither Cubase, so I can't tell you exactly how to solve it, but look around for latency & input monitoring thingee in your application. Lower it. How's your computer spec ?

;)
Jaymz

im using lm9, which is a software based drum machine and steinberg dacota, which it is also software based, i just saw a moog synth is out now, and if i can get this working ill be buying that up in a heartbeat. my computer is win2k os. 2.0gighz p4, 1 gig of ram, im using a delta 1010 24/96. im using a bassline synth for the actual keyboard. please let me know. whats a good software drum machine, and is there a good symphony program for adding chello and violins and such. also if somone knows a better program let me know. ill put the other on ebay and get somthing else. i need a good program for recording a band, and midi stuff. thanks.

ok im good now. i got midi working in nuendo, and its great. i couldnt find the settings in cuebase, but it was using the sound blaster live for midi. in nuendo i found the setting to set it to use delta 1010 as the input, and i have 0 latency. thanks every one.

Back