MIDI into audio??

Jay_west

Its it possable to record from a sound module (Korg NS5r) into a mpc1000 then track out out MIDI as audio? I want to get the MIDI sounds from my sound module to audio once im done tha song.What im track out with is a small mixer called Behringer UB1202FX.

Midi is not audio, midi is just the electronic information on what keys were pressed at what time for how long and a bunch of other digital information too.

Audio comes out of the line outputs of your keyboard as you play , when you hit a key a midi signal is sent to the synth to tell it what pitch and at what volume to play at. The synth then makes an audio noise based on this.

Midi contains no audio signal period , dont get the 2 mixed up ;)

Jay_west said:
Its it possable to record from a sound module (Korg NS5r) into a mpc1000 then track out out MIDI as audio?
The MPC 1000 is a sampler and sequencer in one. That means that you can run midi tracks alongside audio drum tracks and the MPC will keep them in perfect sync.

The way you convert midi tracks to audio is by plugging both the MPC and the Korg module into your Behringer mixer, getting a mix you like, then burning it to a CD. The midi tracks will be right there with your audio tracks.

For recording your mix try the freeware program Audacity --- LINK --- and if you are lacking a way to get your mixer into the computer, I suggest this.

ssscientist said:
The MPC 1000 is a sampler and sequencer in one. That means that you can run midi tracks alongside audio drum tracks and the MPC will keep them in perfect sync.

The way you convert midi tracks to audio is by plugging both the MPC and the Korg module into your Behringer mixer, getting a mix you like, then burning it to a CD. The midi tracks will be right there with your audio tracks.

For recording your mix try the freeware program Audacity --- LINK --- and if you are lacking a way to get your mixer into the computer, I suggest this.

Thanx for that man

Back