MIDI Help: Protools/Triton ProX

scottr

I've got my buddy's triton Pro X here and I have all the necessary cabling hooked up into my Digi001 to record some MIDI tracks, but I don't really understand how to access different instruments for different tracks. It seems as though I can only use one patch for all of the tracks, which is obviously useless. What are the different channels, and how do I access different patches/banks from the triton? I am new to MIDI but familiar with the triton functions and familiar with protools. Please help!

Scott

I am familiar with triton proX but not with Protools. Anyway if you connect the triton midi out to computer midi in and computer midi out to triton midi in. You are set. Then you need to assign the channels in Protools to triton Programs. It should be under "midi settings" or "instrument setting" what ever pro tools say. I work in sonar and in sonar we import a "instrument definition" for triton so it recognizes all the programs and channels from triton. Must be the same in protools, wait for a protools guy to answer this.

Back