MIDI effects

dub

Hi guys,

I have an alesis quadraverb 2 multi effects,
i'd like to add it in my MIDI chain, it has MIDI capabilities,
do u think it's possible to send an fx from the quadraverb to a MIDI track that i'm playing with another sound module?
is it possible to do it with a MIDI controller?

I mean i'm playing a MIDI track in logic audio and the source is another sound module, can i add an fx from the multi effects unit to the same channel?

Thank you
Marco.

http://web.tiscali.it/mindseye

I'm not sure it will work that way. Even so, I'm sure you didn't mean to put FX on your MIDI chain. Well, MIDI doesn't contains audio / wave signal which you can add external FX like chorus, reverb, etc...(however, generaly your synth has built in chorus / reverb FX controled by MIDI). MIDI contains only message so your synth play these and those notes, calling these and those sound patches, loading these and those settings, etc. So what actually makes sound here is your synth, controlled by your sequencer. :) However, there's something called MIDI FX (featured by sequencer like Cakewalk, etc...) which manipulated the MIDI data, so it makes sounds like the synth being added by an FX. Delaying the notes and adding an ambience effect, etc....etc... But it's located as in the sequencer side. If you meant to add automated FX within the song, then try this connection :

- Load the song.
- Create an FX data track which will be assigned to Quadverb.
- Set the MIDI out port 1 to your synth. It will "play" the song.
- Set the MIDI out port 2 to your Quadverb. It will send the FX data message.
- Route the audio output of your synth to feed in Quadverb audio in. Set the Quadverb's audio out to your mix.

Here, you can have the sequencer playing the song through the synth, while sending the FX patches and setting through the quadverb... Tell me if I miss sumthin' here...

:cool: Papa James :cool:

Hi James,

thanks for your reply, i'll give it a try,
my sound module has got some internal fx and i can add them by
routing faders in my logic audio mixer.
I'll try with a MIDI controller as well.

thanks again
bye.

Marco.

http://web.tiscali.it/mindseye

Ok I know this is an OLD thread, I mean OLD,,,, but did it work for Yeah, any one else try this ..I'm TOTALY new to the idea off midi, and trying to learn .

Back