MIDI Drum Resource?

djhead

Military Intelligence
I am tired of the built in MIDI drum sequences in Cakewalk. Is there a good online resource for new (free?) ones? Or will I actually have to try to make my own? :(

Try Googling, because Google is your friend.

Google 'midi files', 'midi drum files', 'midi drum machine', 'midi drum loops', etc.

I tried it and came up with a whole page of subheadings, and you can too.

Was wondering about good ones you may have had experience with. I too have tried google, and the top couple hits didnt really produce anything useful to me. Just seeing if anyone had a site of the top of their heads. Which you didnt. But thanks for trying. :)

djhead said:
Which you didnt.
Oh, but I do.

I have many wonderful tricks in my bag and I never let them all out at once or they might run amok and take over Chicago, then the upper Midwest.

You don't mention which version of Cakewalk you're using, but this little beauty may or may not help. It's a compact, sweet little software drum machine that makes it easy to customize loops, then renders them as .wav files for use in your own compositions.

If you need more, I've got more.

I am using Sonar Pro 6.

Got it for Xmas.
The Session drummer sounds nice to me, but it comes packed with a limited number of midi drum patterns, and I wanted to expand my library with minimal creative output. ;)

While your link would work, I don't see it being any better/worse than what I am using. Do you know of an archive of midi files? Esp. drums?

djhead said:
I am using Sonar Pro 6.

Got it for Xmas.
The Session drummer sounds nice to me, but it comes packed with a limited number of midi drum patterns, and I wanted to expand my library with minimal creative output. ;)

While your link would work, I don't see it being any better/worse than what I am using. Do you know of an archive of midi files? Esp. drums?

Firstly, listen to EVERYTHING Ssscientist says about midi.

Secondly, try www.kvraudio.com

Off the top of my head, good drum samples are found in drumatic and the plugsound free VSTi

I have no doubt in my head the that he is the MIDI master. I am MIDI poo poo.

I think I may not be communicating myself clearly.
I have a perfectly good VST drummer. The PATTERNS that come packaked in it are limited. I have been able to get a few .midi files online, which you can load into the VST drummer, but they kind of suck. (who uses cowbell in modern rock?) thought there may be a resource of .midi files handy.

djhead said:
I have no doubt in my head the that he is the MIDI master. I am MIDI poo poo.

I think I may not be communicating myself clearly.
I have a perfectly good VST drummer. The PATTERNS that come packaked in it are limited. I have been able to get a few .midi files online, which you can load into the VST drummer, but they kind of suck. (who uses cowbell in modern rock?) thought there may be a resource of .midi files handy.

So you want loops as opposed to piano-rolling your own right? Hmm. Thats weird I've never come across these...but I use pre-recorded .wav files for my loops. Have ya tried writing your own?

that is essentially the same thing as the Session Drummer V2 that comes w/ Sonar Pro 6. Just want to expand the MIDI patterns. I have tried making my own. I can't write fills.

djhead said:
that is essentially the same thing as the Session Drummer V2 that comes w/ Sonar Pro 6. Just want to expand the MIDI patterns. I have tried making my own. I can't write fills.
What kind of music are you playing?Unless it's avant gard jazz, or something, you could probably get better quickly at writing your own fills.Just a thought.

Back