Midi Drop Out Issue :(

Vinnydude

Clunge Monster
I'll start with my setup. I'm running a live setup through my laptop using a Lexicon U82S and running Reaper.

My problem is this.

Every so often, I'll get what sounds like a drop out, audio stops for a second or 2 and when it continues, I have no midi at all :( The only thing that solves it is a full restart of the laptop.

Its definatly not the plugin or the midi controller i'm using as its happened with other midi devices and with different plugins.

Any thoughts on what I could do to solve this problem?

My version of reaper isn't up to date but I don't think that is the problem either as surely that would only require a restart of reaper rather than the laptop right? Not sure.

Any way, any help is gratefully appreciated :)

I think i've got to the bottom of the problem. Just going through vigorous stress tests now :)

I paid close attention to everything midi related when setting up at home today and found that there was a constant stream of midi data coming from my midi interface. I had Z3ta set to use midi omni, so somewhere in the chain, the midi information (what ever it was) was going there.

I've now switched it to only receive information from channel 1 which seems to have eradicated the continuous stream of information being sent.

Very strange.

Is there some sort of event viewer in reaper so I can find out what information it was receiving?

Back