MIDI Controllers and Channel Recieves

notsocoolguy

Hey Guys and Girls,

Now I've got quite a specific problem here which I'd love a bit of help with!

Basicially, I use Reaper as part of a live sound set up which I'll explain in very simplified terms here...

inputs come from stage, into Reaper via Firepod(s), then are processed with VSTs and other forms of processing, then a main mix is sent out main outs 1 and 2, also 3 stereo headphone mixes are sent out other outputs to in-ear monitors onstage... Thats the basic set up...

Heres what I wanted to do...

I've got a Korg NanoKontrol USB MIDI controller... It basically gives me 9 faders and pan controls to work with and 4 "scenes", which are like presets to control what each fader does...

So what I wanted to do was set up one "scene" to control the main mix, and then the other 3 to control the 3 headphone mixes... Is this at all possible?

Setting up the main mix one is easy, just assigning faders to their correct channels using the reaper "Action List"... But it's setting up the other ones for headphone mixes that I can't seem to work out!

I have each headphone mix as a Reaper track with recieves from each channel, going out a pair of hardware outputs to their in-ears... But there doesn't seem to be anything in the action list to allow me to control track recieves via a MIDI controller... I guess this is the meat of my question! :D

Sorry this is a HUGE question, I'd love some help with it though!! If you need any more info or something explained a bit better, I'd be happy to try explain a bit better!

Thanks every one!! :)

Back