MIDI controler for drums

mapexvenus

I am a drummer and looking to for a good MIDI controller than I can use to lay down some solid grooves. I am looking for a pad controller than I can use with sticks and that has a very good response when it comes to playing ghost notes etc. I am trying out the Alesis Control pad (connected via USB) and that isn't working out too well. I am experiencing some latency and the pad response isn't too great.

This is my setup:

DAW hardware: Mac Mini Server (2011) - 8 GB RAM, i7 Quad Core processor
Software: Logic 9 with EZDrummer

Is there a better product than the Alesis Control Pad that I should use? I want to emphasize that I need to be able to play using sticks and an external kick trigger.

thanks in advance!

I am a drummer and looking to for a good MIDI controller than I can use to lay down some solid grooves. I am looking for a pad controller than I can use with sticks and that has a very good response when it comes to playing ghost notes etc. I am trying out the Alesis Control pad (connected via USB) and that isn't working out too well. I am experiencing some latency and the pad response isn't too great.

This is my setup:

DAW hardware: Mac Mini Server (2011) - 8 GB RAM, i7 Quad Core processor
Software: Logic 9 with EZDrummer

Is there a better product than the Alesis Control Pad that I should use? I want to emphasize that I need to be able to play using sticks and an external kick trigger.

thanks in advance!

Just wanted to add - would the SPD 30 be better than the Alesis Control pad? How about the Alesis Performance pad?

MIDI drumkits

Try a MIDI drumkit. If you want to use sticks, pads are not ideal. My friend has a Pyle-Pro PED02M, and he swears by it. He even put a mic on a real cymbal and integrated it into his plastic MIDI drumset. It's about as close as you can get to actually playing drums.

Back