MIDI connecting mutiple units

Hi Gurus

I'm not new to MIDI at all, but I'm wondering if someone might know the answer before I start.

• I have a Yamaha Motif ES.

• I run MIDI OUT into my Line6 Pod XT... the sequences within the Motif sends progam changes and controller changes via Channel 1 (track one of sequence).

• I also have a Roland Drum Module that our drummer will be using through Triggers. I would like to be able to set-up the Drum module to receive MIDI messages so as to change programs on a given sequence.

• the question becomes, do I need to get a MOTU and try some kinda of MIDI mixer... or do I need to run through the POD.

Thanks for any advice.

C

If...

If the Line6 has a MIDI through - Plug that thru into the MIDI in on the drummer's Roland... Set the Roland to receive on a different MIDI channel than the Pod...

You can send your program changes from the ES right through to the Roland without a problem...

Further - You could just 'write' the drum track on the ES by hand and not even have to use the patterns on the Roland essentially using it as a sound module giving you more flexibility...

Hope this helps...

Back