midi>audio

ModalMike

hey,
Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong here...
I'm trying to mix midi down to audio in Sonar 2.0.
I record on an audio track whil the midi is playing.
I have the in of the audio track set to my soundcard (Delta 44) but i get no sound in the audio when it is finished recording. Specifically, I am trying to record drums and synth (Dxi). I have disabled input monitering as well. What am I doing wrong? Is there something in the delta control panel that needs to be changed?
thanks,
mike

I would think you would have to physically patch from the audio out with the DXi synth to an input and print an audio track.

I'm not aware of any hardware that allows you to route MIDI'd audio sources "virtually."

I think you need a patch cable or two for this...............

With DXi, you don't have to route the audio output back to sound card and record as audio track... Just bounce it..."

How would you I that, Jaymz...?

Here we go... First, insert any DXi instrument, and record the MIDI... (I assume you already knew how to do that...) ;)

Attachments

• open dxi.jpg
    open dxi.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 113
...After you finished sequencing the MIDI, and about to transfer to audio... Select both the MIDI track and the audio WHICH the DXi are routed...

Attachments

• select both.jpg
    select both.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 108
...and then go Edit --> Bounce to track(s). It will open dialog to select the destination. Pick one, Ok...

...There you go... Save your time alot !!! And no routing and setting headache :D

Hope it helps...
;)
Jaymz

Thanks Jaymz!!!
worked like a charm. Quite easy as well.
While I'm at it (this should probably be in the cakewalk forum) does anyone know how to get the guitar tablature to be an octave above without transposing the notes in the clef?
thanks,
mike

While I'm at it (this should probably be in the cakewalk forum) does anyone know how to get the guitar tablature to be an octave above without transposing the notes in the clef?

Set the KEY+ to twelve in the appropriate midi track in the track panes view. Doesn't change how it looks in the notation view.

OT: James, that's the shure is some ugly colors you've chosen... :rolleyes: ... :D

Set the KEY+ to twelve in the appropriate midi track in the track panes view. Doesn't change how it looks in the notation view.
But that will change the sound... but you can always add an realtime midi effect and transpose it down after you've adjusted the Key+... :)

Back