MIDI + Audio recording, building a song

BlahZayy1190

My PC specs: i7-4790 / Quad core / around 3.6ghz / 16gb ram 4x4

Mixer interface specs: mackie onyx 1220i firewire, used to connect multiple synths and other instruments

I've never got into MIDI editing, only audio sampling, which sometimes I have to play some patterns over and over and over, because of missed notes on my "mini-key" synths, etc and it's a big nuisance for me.

Suppose I had a MIDI Interface, connecting my Moog Sub 37 and my MicroKorg to Reaper (my daw). Their AUDIO outputs would be feeding my Mackie mixer interface, as I casually play along and try different patches, etc.

When I'm ready to record, say a bassline from my Moog, I tell Reaper to record ONLY the MIDI notes I play. Now I could go into the MIDI step edit and correct any wrong notes or mis-timed notes. When I have the MIDI notes aligned exactly how I want them in the grid edit, now I would like to record those notes as actual audio on an audio track.

My question is, would their be unwanted silence or space at the beginning of the audio track, as it's being recorded, so that I wouldn't have to go in and adjust the start point of each recording before I start another recording?

And also, would latency become too much a problem doing it this way?

Back