Middle cluster for a live worship setting

whattaguy

Hi, I am looking for some advice from you guys here. We currently hold our service in a wide cafeteria, and our speakers need to be spread wide apart so that people can view the center projection behind the stage. This means the center area gets a muddier mix. I was thinking about purchasing a couple of center cluster speakers that we can face out from the front of the stage.

We currently have Renkus-Heinz CF121 2 12" Speaker, 2 Way, Powered 200W | Full Compass as our mains. Ideally, I would like to purchase a pair of those to match our mains, but they are a tad pricey. I was looking for something to fill that area of sound.

Maybe a couple of these?

JBL EON 510 Portable 10" Two-Way Powered Loudspeaker (280W) | Full Compass

Suggestions would be great. I would like to stay within $1000-$1500 for the pair. These would also act as our backup mains if the other speakers were to go out like one did yesterday.

Thanks.

I was just thinking about putting this on the front of the stage pointing out and up like monitors. We just need to get clarity to about 50 people in the front rows. Not recommended?

Oh yeah that will work as well. when I do theater work or larger concerts it's a must.

Now how high is the stage?, for you may not have to point it up.
I would suggest putting them on a separate AUX from the console for you will not need them anywhere near as loud as your house speakers.

The stage is about 2-2.5 feet high. We run a Yamaha LS9 board, so we should be able to give it a quieter mix from the mains. Plus, they're active, so we could just turn the volume down, right?

Thanks.

Yes you could turn them down but your really gonna want the control at the console. And you have plenty of options to do that with the LS9

I don't see a need to face the speakers up just have them going straight out on a slight splay.

Back