Midas Venice F Users

akai612

Looking for an advice reg. Aux-Send return on a Midas Venice F. I'm new to this subject.

Any Midas Venice users around that can help me?

Thanks! :thumbs up:
Carl

Thanks a lot for your reply. Much appreciated!

I got stuck with the Aux send/return. I have 2 FX devices. I run them out mono to Aux send and return them to the stereo-return. Thus, all stereo-returns are taken while I still have 2 Aux send left. I'd like to connect another 2 FX devices if possible via Aux-send/return to my beloved Midas Venice if this is possible.

I got through the manual over and over again but still dont find the answer.

So, thanks again mate!
Carl

To start you don't have to come back in to the console via stereo return especially if your rig is set up in mono. There is a mono out channel on any FX unit, be it the right or left.

Now for me I always come back into the console via a channel so as I can further EQ the FX .....So ..... if you have four unused channels you are golden, if not, use the two returns and two channels.

Hope this helps, Carl.

Most of my gear is stereo (Samplers and Synth). So there is no advantage to return FX in stereo? That would pretty much be the solution.

In the VeniceF-Operator's-Manual I read the following: "The two monitor sends per input channel have the same functionality as the auxes (see “Auxes” on page 38)."

Just made me think wheter I can use these Monitor connections like the Aux for my FX?

Thanks once more!

Is your sound system set up in stereo?

You can use the monitor sends - pre/post switch to proper setting. :thumbs up:

Well, I have mixed sources (mono synth but also stereo gear). I dont record via internal Firewire but go out analog to a external A/D converter.

Does this means: "Monitor 1 and 2 XLR" = SEND and "Monitor 1 und 2 ins Jack" = RETURN

Sorry, I'm still confused :(

Back