mid-project

signpainter

We are getting twards the end of doing 3 songs for a local band, thought i would pop a quick mix up for comments...

Thanx,
Sp

Thanx Delrick.
I been workin on this one and the other original of theirs that we recorded. I should have the newest mix up Tuesday. Kinda curious what suggestions everyone might have for this mix.
Sp

hey sign, the music sounds real good, and the song isn't bad either, but I think the vocal sound could be better.....not the singing, just the vocal sound.....it sounds harsh in certain spots IMOP.....maybe a compression or e.q. problem? mic? Unfortunately I don't know how to tell you to fix it.... I have mix problems far worse than this... I had it loud and the vocal sound was not pleasant when he pushes it a bit... Other than that it sounds good...

please be advised I know nothing..:cool:

B

LOL, yep B, a few brain darts here and there.....in the next version of this mix I have done a little more fader riding, compression, and a touch of limiting. Seems to have taken the edge off.
Keep them suggestions coming!
Sp

I couldn't leave it alone till tommorrow......

I have remixed, added a little here, cut a little there, (had to add the vibra-slap) etc......

Suggestions??????

After trying your suggestions I will leave it alone until I get the band's comments.

I will eventually try to talk the band into letting me send it to a real mastering house.

(wonder if they want to add any metal sax? LOL.....)

Sp

Mr. Painter. I listened to both mixes. The second mix with more vocal is definately an improvment. IMHO, it needs more drums. The acoustic guitar sounds very cool. Great tune.

Thanx TR, I had more drums in b4, but thought I was pushing it a bit (I LIKE the drums up front!!!!)........below is the latest, more drums and I pulled the eq on the vocals (Duh! I just can't help my self sometimes.) I think the vocal with no eq is much less harsh now.

More suggestions?
Sp

Back