Mics comparable to sm57?

poo_noodles

I am looking to mic my 2x12 and have found the shure sm57 to be the most recommended. I am trying to keep everything fairly inexpensive so I bought a behringer mx602a mixer (interested to see if it's complete crap or acceptable) for my preamp, and now I need a mic. I am thinking about the 57 but want something cheaper/quality-comparable to the behringer mixer. I really only need a clean sound to my computer and I can eq everything from there. Anyone have mic suggestions under $70 on ebay? I would prefer 40-50 range, but an $20 over a while for a good mic is worth it, so I am willing to go up to $70-80 used.

poo_noodles said:
I am looking to mic my 2x12 and have found the shure sm57 to be the most recommended. I am trying to keep everything fairly inexpensive so I bought a behringer mx602a mixer (interested to see if it's complete crap or acceptable) for my preamp, and now I need a mic. I am thinking about the 57 but want something cheaper/quality-comparable to the behringer mixer. I really only need a clean sound to my computer and I can eq everything from there. Anyone have mic suggestions under $70 on ebay? I would prefer 40-50 range, but an $20 over a while for a good mic is worth it, so I am willing to go up to $70-80 used.

You can get a used SM57 for $50-60 on e-bay. Don't pay more than that for a used one. Also look for a used sennheiser e609.

i miked up a 4*12" cabinet with a sennheiser md421 today,
nice results, sounded a bit "heavier" than a 57...

i love these things and i'm slowly replacing all my 57's by these,
just gonna keep 2 57's....cause they're a must-have :D
..but there's so much i want..

If you like the sm57 you might as well buy a used Shure Unidyne (515,517 or 545) from Ebay. They are very cheap and sound better.

Back