Mics and monitors ???

draynes

:) What are some good monitors and mics. Around $150 for monitiors and A $100 for a condensor mic? I have choosen Alesis ProLinear 720 2-Way Active Studio Monitor for monitors for $149. And MXL MXL 990/993 Studio Package $129. Any thing else out there better for the money? Any input is Welcome

Your choices are pretty limited at that price range. I'm not sure $150 monitors are worth the money if you have a stereo you can use. My guess is that they aren't going to be *that* much different from your stereo- but I don't know what you have and I haven't heard the 720's. I don't mean to insinuate that you shouldn't get them, only that you might save your money and start with your stereo, if it would work. If not... that's a great price for getting started. (My first monitors were $700 each :eek: back before cheap anything was availible. I still use them.)

The MXL Studio Package probably isn't a bad way to start- though again I haven't heard either of those mics. In the same range you might consider a Studio Projects B1. I have used that one and, from what I've read of the 990, its probably more versatile.

Enjoy!
Chris

Alesis ProLinear 720 2-Way Active Studio Monitor for monitors for $149 that sis for one so a total of $300 for a pair. Sorry about the confussion. What are good monitors for $300 a pair?

Event TR series are okey dokey.

I'd opt for a 300-400 dollar mic before the monitors, but that's just me.

Still, $150 per speaker is less than half of what zzounds is selling them for. I'd definitely take that deal.

Back