Microsoft Updater

djhead

Military Intelligence
I work as an Information Security Officer for MG Wodjakowski in Ft Benning. Wanted to give you guys a heads up.

If your Windows XP updater tried to download KB905474, do NOT do it.
This patch is extremely flawed and may cost you the use of your updater until they can patch it, and god knows when that is.

It is a Genuine Authentication Notificaiton. It has shown all systems under my supervision, and many people's home systems to be declared counterfeit, and therefore unable to receive updates. Please DO NOT download teh G.A.N.

You have been warned :cool:

Thanks for the heads-up. My notifier asked me if I wanted to download that this morning. I'm glad I haven't done it yet.

I manually update, once in a while. :o
I get notices, but seldom do the updates until a few weeks later.

Thanks DJ.....

I should clarify. This is NOT a virus, and it MAY work for you. But if it desn't you may be fucked. I have a legit copy of XP on my home sys, and it says i am a pirate......

I turn automatic updating OFF. firstly, because those updates are useless and secondly cause they're annoying. i hate pop ups!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Its one thing to be lazy........another to be INSANE!!!!! I ORDER YOU TO GO INSTALL SP2 NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ohgodhod my computer is interfacing with your filthy spyware/aadware/trojan riddled machine....... plecht!!!! UNCLEAN!!!!!! UNCLEEEEEEEAAAAAN!!!!!!

(never telll a security officer that kind of shit......you twisted bastard.....)

djhead said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Its one thing to be lazy........another to be INSANE!!!!! I ORDER YOU TO GO INSTALL SP2 NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ohgodhod my computer is interfacing with your filthy spyware/aadware/trojan riddled machine....... plecht!!!! UNCLEAN!!!!!! UNCLEEEEEEEAAAAAN!!!!!!

(never telll a security officer that kind of shit......you twisted bastard.....)
Hehe, it's not this computer, it's the one at home, and I use it for the 'net very sparingly. I've read that SP2 will screw up Vegas.

DEINE HAUSE COMPUTER IST VERBOTEN VOM MACHEN SIE INTERNET!!!!!!!!!!
SCHNELL, DAS IST HEISSE........ NICHTS MEHR BITTE.......
AH SO......ich bein fertig.........du muste haben ein disc artze......

djhead said:
DEINE HAUSE COMPUTER IST VERBOTEN VOM MACHEN SIE INTERNET!!!!!!!!!!
SCHNELL, DAS IST HEISSE........ NICHTS MEHR BITTE.......
AH SO......ich bein fertig.........du muste haben ein disc artze......
Babelfish said:
YOUR HOUSE COMPUTERS IS NOT PROHIBITION OF MAKING THEM InterNet FAST, THAT IS IS CALLED ANYTHING MORE REQUEST AH I leg finished you IN SUCH A WAY muste have disc a artze

Also, I'm on a dialup.

YOUR HOUSE COMPUTERS IS NOT PROHIBITION OF MAKING THEM InterNet FAST, THAT IS IS CALLED ANYTHING MORE REQUEST AH I leg finished you IN SUCH A WAY muste have disc a artze]

Not quite. Ran this by my German wife, who says its close enough to:
Your house computer is forbidden from using the internet. Fast! It is HOT!!!!
No more please..... I am finished...... You need a disc doctor.

Back