Microphone with a bendable capsule?

msmales555

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone knew what model/brand of microphone is often used on hihats (should be a condensor), but has a bendable "head" "capsule" thingy. I never see them in catalogs or in online music stores, and I was just wondering what kind of mic it is, how much is it, and how does it sound?

I've attached a pic!

Thanks

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    15 KB · Views: 83
msmales555 said:
Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone knew what model/brand of microphone is often used on hihats (should be a condensor), but has a bendable "head" "capsule" thingy. I never see them in catalogs or in online music stores, and I was just wondering what kind of mic it is, how much is it, and how does it sound?

I've attached a pic!

Thanks
The Schoeps Colette system has a swivel capsule adaptor and is pretty popular, but expensive.

The old AKG 451's (not the reissues) can take the AKG swivel mount, and I believe the blue lines can as well. As far as dynamics go, the EV 408's swivel as well.

I have one of the older akg c451e with the swivel mount. I forgot all about it untill i read this post, i just pulled it out and it sounds pretty good. Thanks!

Back