Microphone to connect to line out on TASCAM? help appreciated..

timbalesman

:listeningmusic:Hello everyone,
Just wished to ask a question on the subject of Microphones?>? to be procise a suitable Mic for the line out on the Tascam DR-V1HD HD Video and Linear PCM Recorder

I have long wished to take up latin percussion,I played the Bongo`s when I was younger.
I am in the process of obtaining a set of TIMBALES +Bells,Clave,Blocks,Cymbal,e.t.c.
I have just had a small room made in to a dedicated music room,The room is only 3mtrs x 2mtrs so not to big,small windows.

I need to find a good compact set up which is not over the top but will do the job of recording percussion practice progress,it would be brilliant if I could connect and show live playing to teacher??.may need to go for a quality WEB-CAM for that?

I really wished to avoid going down the USB AUDIO INTERFACE/DAW e.t.c. route,preffering to keep it simple if at all possible?

would the microphone require to be Powered? also where is the optimal positioning of Mic on boom stand? there will be the twin Timbales assorted Blocs,Bells,clave,cymbal e.t.c. .

Please excuse the ham fisted nature of my thread am not very tech savvy:o

Regards Steve:thumbs up:

Last edited:
Back